I’ve been doing a lot of research lately into Libraries and their adoption of web 2.0 principles/technologies and also Enterprise 2.0. In my research I have come across some excellent information which I am going to share to those of you who are interested.
These resources all come from the Online Computer Library Centre website in the reports section. I cannot stress how complete, in-depth and useful these resources are. The OCLC team conduct huge environmental scans and collect masses of data on Library usage, social networking, emerging technologies, perceptions of libraries and so on with plenty of statistics and graphs to support their studies.
The website contains the following studies (of which can all be downloaded from the website in PDF format):
(Particularly useful documents to the Library 2.0 assignment for INB students are marked with *’s)
- Online Catalogs: What Users and Librarians Want *
- Sharing, Privacy and Trust in Our Networked World *
- College Students’ Perceptions: Libraries & Information Resources **
- Perceptions of Libraries and Information Resources (2005) **
- 2003 Environmental Scan: Pattern Recognition **
- Libraries: How They Stack Up
- Five-Year Information Format Trends (2003)
- 2004 Information Format Trends
You can visit the reports homepage here.
Hope this helps others completing the Enterprise 2.0 RFP assignment as well as anyone looking for information and data to back up Library 2.0 implementations.